This one can be had as a medicated soup.Minced chicken pieces cooked with water and rasam masala.Chicken stock flavored with onions, garlic, pepper and cumin makes a delicious soup with bread or with white rice.
- Chicken with bones 1/2 kg
- Onion, finely chopped – 1 no
- Tomato, finely chopped – 1 no
- Garlic, minced – 3 cloves
- Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds Powder 2 tsp
- Pepper Powder 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste 1 tsp
- Coriander Leaves, chopped – 1/2 cup
- Oil or Ghee – 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves 6 nos
- Fennel seeds 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds 1/2 tsp
- Clean the chicken and cut into small pieces. Keep it aside.
- For seasoning, pour 1 tsp oil into a pan over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot but not smoking, add the remaining seasoning ingredients.
- Stir for a moment and add the chopped onion, tomato and garlic. Cook till the onion is soft.
- Now add the cleaned chicken pieces and turmeric powder. Stir fry for a couple of minutes.
- Mix in chilli powder, cumin powder and pepper powder with 3 cups of warm water. Cook covered over medium heat, till the chicken is tender.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Chicken Rasam is now ready to serve.