Mango Lassi is a delicious combination of mangoes and yogurt that is cool and soothing. It is wonderful on hot summer days or as a compliment to spicy meals. Mango Lassi has become popular in Indian restaurants.
Ingredients: (Serves 3 to 4)
- 2 cups ripe mangoes peeled and chopped
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar (Adjust to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves (Optional)
- 3 cups crushed ice or ice cubes, use as needed
- Blend the mangoes, yogurt, milk and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Adjust sugar according to taste. Sugar amount will depend on the sweetness or sourness of the mango and yogurt
- Add ice and cardamom powder and blend again. Add water to adjust consistency to your liking as the best Lassi is slush-like.
- Pour in tall glass and garnish with mint leaf.
- Use ripe mangoes that have the least amount of fiber.
- My personal favorite Lassi is slush-like in consistency, almost like an Icee!