Chickpea and spinach spread also known as Hummus. This healthy and delicious spread also can be served as spread.Recipe will make 16 oz
- 1 15oz can chickpeas (garbanzo beans, kabule chana,)
- 2 tablespoons roasted sesame seeds (til)
- 1 cup spinach leaves all the stems removed
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 serrano green chili chopped adjust to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Drain the liquid from can of chickpeas, wash them well and drain the water.
In a food processor all the ingredients except oil, blend it to make smooth paste.
- Add oil and mix it again. Chickpea spread is ready.
Chickpea and Spinach Spread can be served with grilled pita bread, crackers, chips, or with fresh veggies. You can also serve this as chutney.